- What credits are available when using your certified training devices?
Our trainers are designed and built to meet NZ and Australian synthetic training device standards. As an example, our Single Analog fitted out with a Garmin® GNS530 has been certified by NZ CAA for the following approvals:
- 2 hours instrument ground time towards the issue of a Private Pilots Licence – Aeroplane (AC61-3, Appendix I)
- 5 hours instrument ground time towards the issue of a Commercial Pilots Licence – Aeroplane (AC61-5, Appendix I)
- 5 hours instrument ground time towards the issue of a Category B or Category C Instructor Rating – Aeroplane (AC61-18, Appendix I)
- 20 hours instrument time towards the issue of an Instrument Rating – Aeroplane (AC61-17)
- 2 hours of instrument ground time towards the currency requirements of an Instrument Rating – Aeroplane [CAR Part 61.807 (a)(2)(i)]
- One RNAV(GNSS), NDB, VOR, LLZ or ILS approach procedure towards the currency requirements of an Instrument Rating – Aeroplane [CAR Part 61.807(a)(2)(ii)]
- One RNAV(GNSS), NDB ,VOR, LLZ, (non precision) or ILS (precision) approach procedure towards approach currency requirements of an Instrument Rating – Aeroplane in any one 3 month period [CAR Part 61.807(a)(4)]
- Conduct of the cross-country portion and any one approach (except circling) of every alternate Instrument Rating Annual Competency Demonstration – Aeroplane [required by CAR Part 61.801(a)(6)]
- Demonstration of Garmin® 430/530 GNSS as a subsequent type and model (AC61-17, Appendix II)
- What type of aircraft do your simulators represent?
While our flight models and cockpit layouts provide a generic aircraft type, each of our simulators allow for a number of configurations to be selected in order to provide a range of models to closely resemble what a student would normally fly.
Aircraft represented on our single engine simulators are:
- Cessna 172SP
- Cessna 177RG
- Cessna 182
- Piper Saratoga 301 II TC
- Mooney Acclaim
Aircraft represented on our twin engine simulators are:
- Piper Seminole
- Piper Seneca
- Beech Baron
Other types are available on request.
- What about delivery and installation?
Delivery and installation is free within New Zealand. Overseas delivery costs will be quoted and simulators are shipped almost fully assembled. In order to allow installation through doorways, we have limited the maximum width of each section to 780mm and length to 1450mm. The simulator footprint measures 1600mm x 2400mm and is 1420mm high, so it will easily fit in a small room and runs from a normal power outlet. Installation will be carried out by one of our technicians along with training in the operation of the simulator and instructor station.